DIY Post Bacc Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Si44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am starting a DIY Post Bacc at UC Davis this Fall and was setting up my courses (I will be doing it for one year with a full course load each quarter). I was wondering if it is advisable to retake science classes that I received a C in? For instance, I received a C+ in Genetics, a C+ in Anatomy, and a C in Cell Biology. Should I retake all of these and ace them or look for new Upper division science classes to take?

Also, is it advisable to take graduate level courses during my Post Bacc? There is an Immunology class offered where I will be taking my classes, but it is generally for graduate students?

I was a science major during my undergrad, so I have taken a lot of science classes already.

Thank you in advance for the helps guys!

Members don't see this ad.

What's the immunology class called? There's the normal upper division immunology class where you learn about... well the immune system and then there's the graduate level immunology class where you read/discuss and learn about new and developing fields/research.

Regardless, don't retake a C unless its a prereq and you think retaking it will help for the MCAT. Take other upper division science classes instead. Ideally ones that mirror a M1 curriculum.

What's the immunology class called? There's the normal upper division immunology class where you learn about... well the immune system and then there's the graduate level immunology class where you read/discuss and learn about new and developing fields/research.

Regardless, don't retake a C unless its a prereq and you think retaking it will help for the MCAT. Take other upper division science classes instead. Ideally ones that mirror a M1 curriculum.

The class is called Intro to Immunology (Imm 201). I have already taken the MCAT, I am just worried that it will be difficult to find a full years worth of new science classes since I already took a lot of them in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The class is called Intro to Immunology (Imm 201). I have already taken the MCAT, I am just worried that it will be difficult to find a full years worth of new science classes since I already took a lot of them in undergrad.

Yea you'll be able to find tons of new stuff.