DIY Post-Bacc Retakes or Upper Year?

Started by lincoln87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lincoln87

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some background and current status: I am several years finished my undergrad (became sick with Lyme disease for a while). I just took the MCAT and am awaiting my score. Scored 510 in practice tests but praying for a 515. cGPA 3.0 with an overall very upward trend (GPA is dragged down immensely from a previous business program). I am setting up a 1 year (three semester) DIY post bacc and I have a few questions.

At what grade roughly should I consider retaking a prereq vs. choosing an upper year course? I'm from Canada and my school uses percentages, but I have several prereqs that I scored fairly low in. First and second year general chemistry are 68 and 69% percent, first semester physics is 71% (second semester is 80%), I have a micro biology at 67% and statistics is 68%. Should I retake those or choose upper year versions? I do require some humanities so I'm planning on taking those as well.

Thanks for your help