DMU Application on Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from DMU saying that my application was on "hold" due to the large volume of applicants, and that they might interview later in the application cycle....Is this just a nice rejection letter? Has anyone been on hold and received an interview later in the cycle before?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ericado said:
I received a letter from DMU saying that my application was on "hold" due to the large volume of applicants, and that they might interview later in the application cycle....Is this just a nice rejection letter? Has anyone been on hold and received an interview later in the cycle before?
Thanks!

Hey man, i don't know what it is...It could be because of the holiday season that they're starting to get behind on their apps. don't lose hope buddy. if you have good stats, i wouldn't worry...when was your file complete?

I am on hold at KCOM and I was feeling the same way (like it is just a nice rejection letter).....I wouldn't stress about it (Heck, I am not going to)...I am sure it is just due to the number of current applicants...think about the amount of applications these people have to look at....and maybe even the upcoming holiday. Just hang tight....I sure it will work out ok!

Members don't see this ad :)
They could be waiting on the December deadlines. Many of the schools have december deadlines for seat deposits and they might just want to see how many keepers they land after the first round of interviews/acceptances, which would affect how many more they need to chase after. It's a theory.

goodrain said:
They could be waiting on the December deadlines. Many of the schools have december deadlines for seat deposits and they might just want to see how many keepers they land after the first round of interviews/acceptances, which would affect how many more they need to chase after. It's a theory.

Good theory.

fyi, i received an interview today, and my application was completed last monday...not sure if this helps...good luck :thumbup:

With the August MCAT scores coming in there is a HUGE rush to finish the secondaries. I had all my secondaries in early but they couldn't do anything with my applicationi until they received my MCAT scores from August. I am sure it is just a backup on applications.

ericado said:
Thanks!

I was put on hold in August, and I recieved an interview invitation in Februrary.