DMU First Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be a first-year at DMU this coming fall. I was just wondering how many labs you have during your first year? How many labs per week and how many hours per week? Just curious, thanks for your help. Also, how many hours on average to students study per day? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MarquetteGuy said:
Hi,
I will be a first-year at DMU this coming fall. I was just wondering how many labs you have during your first year? How many labs per week and how many hours per week? Just curious, thanks for your help. Also, how many hours on average to students study per day? Thanks.

In the first semester you only have anatomy lab. That lasts about 2 hours but you are free to stay longer. You have it usually up to 3 times a week. In the second semester, you have 1 microbiology lab that lasts if I remember 2 hours, and then you have PD lab for 2 hours once a week.

As for study time, that is really a per person thing. Some people require more time than others. I study about 4-5 hours a day. I have heard others say they study for about 8 hours a day.

The anatomy labs aren't bad, but the week before an exam you are in there quite a bit on your own time getting ready for the practical exam. PD labs are kind of fun since you are learning how to do a history and physical and it's nice to actually do something besides study basic sciences that first year. There is a transitional period at first until you find out what works best for you, but the labs aren't what took up a lot of my time. I spent most of my time in the library the first year. Congrats on being accepted I'm sure you'll do fine.