DMU matriculation rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RawkusMD

gloomy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any information on how many people actually end up accepting invitations to matriculate at DMU (i.e. how many spots are open at the end of the interview season)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The representative that came and talked at my school said that they interview about 600 people, offer 400 acceptances and end up with a little over 200 students in their classes.

What I'm asking is how many spots are usually open to be filled by people from the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
What I'm asking is how many spots are usually open to be filled by people from the alternate list?

The spots that open up for the alternative list varies from year to year. I was taken off the list last ear. They don't determine this until the end of the interview season which is around May or so. They can open up 10 spots or none, it all depends on the people of have been accepted withdrawing from DMU. What I suggest is if you really want to go to DMU and are on the alternate/waitlist (i'm assuming this is the same thing) to make sure you send a letter of intent stating you will go to DMU if taken off the list. However, if you need to get into a school this year and have another acceptance somewhere else, you might want to fork out some cash to save your spot there b/c you don't know if they will take anyone from the alternate list. This is exactly what I did last year.

The representative that came and talked at my school said that they interview about 600 people, offer 400 acceptances and end up with a little over 200 students in their classes.

That number sounds huge. I don't disagree, just commenting.