DMU or CCOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Britt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to start another thread like this, but I rarely see DMU and CCOM compared and I was hoping for some additional input given the circumstances.

Here are some generalizations IMHO. This list is in no means complete...

DMU
Pros:
- felt super comfortable there
- great technology
- cheaper tuition & cost of living
- more laid back atmosphere
Cons:
- greater chance that I would have to relocate
- harder for my boyfriend to find a job
- further from family

CCOM:
Pros:
- great rotations
- awesome match list
- don't have to relocate
- near family
- more job opportunities for my boyfriend
Cons:
- didn't get quite that same feeling like I did at DMU
- more expensive
- more competitive atmosphere

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, you about summed up the two schools.

The one sticking point for me was relocating for clinicals. I did NOT want to do that and that's why I would go to CCOM. Also, third year, CCOM still has lectures on fridays, providing exams and some structure/guidance during clinicals. I guess that's also important to me too, mainly because i like structure and knowing that my tuition dollars is still going to something. But that's just me. And of course, why would you want to relocate to Iowa for at least two years? :p Pick Chicago! :D

I didn't look into CCOM, but I got "that feeling" about DMU. DMU had just as strong a program if not stronger than the other places I considered.

I say that if the educations are similar, go with "that feeling." I'm excited to get started this fall. Hope to see you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, as someone who grew up in Downers Grove, the cost of living really isn't that bad. PM if you have more specific concerns. I can tell you all you need to know about the village (yes, it's still considered a village. Silly, I know).

My top 2 choices but when it came down to it, DMU won me over. Good luck w/ your choice. Can't go wrong with either. Great schools.