DMU or OUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsP for real

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thought between these school would be well appreciated. I am interviewing at one and accepted at the other. I really like both schools and am thinking about going into maybe Neurology, Surgery, or EM. Would one be better for any of these areas? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Come back when you have two acceptance letters. Concentrate on getting into the one ur interviewing at. If u hear bad things about that school, it may affect ur interview performance

Come back when you have two acceptance letters. Concentrate on getting into the one ur interviewing at. If u hear bad things about that school, it may affect ur interview performance

+1. it is annoying when people post their opinions and than come back in a month and say "never mind, waitlisted." so come back when you are actually trying to decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great advice from Dr. Willy.

From what I hear though, both schools are great in terms of reputation, board scores, and matching. Neither school should limit you from your goals. Good Luck!

OUCOM :thumbup:

.....if you're from OH or don't mind serving for five years in OH after you graduate, that is. :laugh:

I wish I would have realized this but a TON of AOA residencies are affiliated with OUCOM including many surgery specialties...thats definitely something to keep on the backburner of your mind...plus if I remember reading correctly about the 5 year OOS contract...your residency time counts for the time required in ohio

food for thought :)

good luck in your decision!

Thanks guys. Sorry for jumping the gun a little but was just curious I guess. Does anyone know the average board scores for each school are by chance? I looked for them and didn't really see that anywhere. I don't interview at DMU until early January. I am assuming due to sending in my secondary way late.