DMU........Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses grandchild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

group_theory

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!'
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses, your grandchild is here. :hardy:

Continuation from the thread
"DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses cont."
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359005&page=23

May it grow and prosper

Members don't see this ad.

That is two threads now that we have had shut down..............Impressive. I guess we'll have to see how fast we can get to 1,000 posts this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
This type of thing pisses me off, reminding me of something a democrat would do. "Oh, your blog is too popular, so we must shut it down and make you start all over."

Of course we all know i say this just to PO somebody on this page. Libertarians rule the world!

This type of thing pisses me off, reminding me of something a democrat would do. "Oh, your blog is too popular, so we must shut it down and make you start all over."

Of course we all know i say this just to PO somebody on this page. Libertarians rule the world!

You should be thankful they even give you a password.........mostly because it goes against national security. We all know deep down inside you really are a hippy liberal.

I got the old email today from the chief resident.........here is what you should be reading so when you are on call you don't look like an idiot...:(:thumbdown: I guess it starts getting real right about now.

I got the old email today from the chief resident.........here is what you should be reading so when you are on call you don't look like an idiot...:(:thumbdown: I guess it starts getting real right about now.

So....what is it?

Neuro trauma, ICP, intracranial hemorrhage, cervical/thoracic/lumbar fractures, etc

You get the picture.

We fly back to IL tomorrow! Let's hope Dallas doesn't get super thunderstorms again.....wooooo. Fun times.

My orientation starts June 26. I already made a good dent in my annual educational stipend with a new PDA. I'll be glad to be rid of the Dell brick that DMU left us....maybe I can sell it on ebay or something....hmmmm....

We fly back to IL tomorrow! Let's hope Dallas doesn't get super thunderstorms again.....wooooo. Fun times.

My orientation starts June 26. I already made a good dent in my annual educational stipend with a new PDA. I'll be glad to be rid of the Dell brick that DMU left us....maybe I can sell it on ebay or something....hmmmm....

I got one of them fancy pda phones.......let's hope I can figure out how to install epocrates quickly:)...............Have fun in the new house!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one of them fancy pda phones.......let's hope I can figure out how to install epocrates quickly:)...............Have fun in the new house!

03:46 a.m....?! WTF are you doing up at such god-forsaken hours? I know thats probably PDT, but still....you are still on vacation you know....

Anyone have any last words of wisdom for COMLEX I?? Taking it tomorrow & I'm a little sick of looking at B.S. poorly worded questions already.

1) Get vasillene
2) Apply liberally to anal oraface
3) Bendover and grab your ankles

but in all seriouseness that test is pretty easy...once you figure out wtf they are asking you.

Dr. Dickey you and the wifey up for boobs and beer on friday?

03:46 a.m....?! WTF are you doing up at such god-forsaken hours? I know thats probably PDT, but still....you are still on vacation you know....

I go to brain conference every wednesday, so come July 1st I remember what the brain looks like in MRI/CT and what it does............but yes I had to be up at 5ish my time...........

Anyone have any last words of wisdom for COMLEX I?? Taking it tomorrow & I'm a little sick of looking at B.S. poorly worded questions already.

SWAG = scientifically wild ass guess

use your swag well

In about one month I will have some more great psych stories for y'all. Have I ever told you the one about the patient who picked up a washing machine and tossed it at a staff member?

I just remembering walking out of the test and feeling all the information leave my brain. I still dont think I can remember half the odd **** I crammed into my brain over the last few weeks before the test. Something I never want to do again, oh wait step 2 is coming....yipppeeeee:thumbdown:

I just remembering walking out of the test and feeling all the information leave my brain. I still dont think I can remember half the odd **** I crammed into my brain over the last few weeks before the test. Something I never want to do again, oh wait step 2 is coming....yipppeeeee:thumbdown:

I remember walking INTO the test and feeling all the info leave my brain. It was truly an out of body experience.

Words of advice: Do NOT study a damn thing tonight. Relax and do everything the same in terms of nightly rituals (unless it's the same as Creamy's nightly ritual). If you normally go to sleep at 3 a.m.....then stick with it. Thats where I screwed up. I tried getting to bed a few hours early and was up most of the night. I got a total of 1.5 hours of sleep the night of the first day (back in the good 'ole days of 2-day paper tests). Other than that, if you don't know it by now...you won't know it during the test. Good luck!:luck:

Docgeorge....sure beer and boobs are my two fav things. Btw...I bought a PS3, so prepare to get your ass kicked! (It's sport's games only at this house..no gay action games). Are you spending the night or driving back? Call me Thursday...

First day? I can't believe it... Dartos starts today!

SWAG = scientifically wild ass guess

use your swag well

Wow! SWAG is the perfect way to describe that exam. What a joke...

Too bad I didn't read that thing about not going to bed early b/c I definitely laid awake for about 2 hours last night before falling asleep.

I always think I am going to celebrate after a big test is done, but I end up watching tv and falling asleep on the couch. I get so drained by that crap. This year I get to take step III and the PRITE! Yay!

First day of ACLS=BORING!

I found out that on accident I got signed up for the ACLS new provider course instead of the recertifying course............basically meaning I have to waste an entire saturday and sunday the weekend before i start.

COMLEX will always be a crappy test, but once it's done it's done.

I wish I could sleep, but I'm sure in about 2 months I won't have any more problems falling asleep.

I always think I am going to celebrate after a big test is done, but I end up watching tv and falling asleep on the couch. I get so drained by that crap. This year I get to take step III and the PRITE! Yay!

First day of ACLS=BORING!

What the hell is the PRITE?

I decided today that my relationship with Sophia is official. Check her out ~ she is so damn HOT!
sophia_bush_1.jpg

Astro I think you would enjoy the chick in the new Transformers movie.

I'm glad I don't start for another week cuz unpacking is taking forever! Kinda feels like Christmas though...like, "hey, that's where this went" or "wow, I don't even remember having this". And then there's the never ending shopping list for stuff the house needs...I don't like feeling like an adult anymore!!! At least my dear hubby agreed to buy the washer/dryer I wanted....:D

And yeah....each step of the COMLEX seems to get progressively more senseless....oh well.

I'm glad I don't start for another week cuz unpacking is taking forever! Kinda feels like Christmas though...like, "hey, that's where this went" or "wow, I don't even remember having this". And then there's the never ending shopping list for stuff the house needs...I don't like feeling like an adult anymore!!! At least my dear hubby agreed to buy the washer/dryer I wanted....:D

And yeah....each step of the COMLEX seems to get progressively more senseless....oh well.

We move next Wed-until I start to a condo for the year. It is going to be tough, mostly because I hate moving. Good thing the Mrs. is being very helpful! I have class this Thursday and Friday and then orientation:( Life is over:thumbdown:

By the way AStro and I found the greatest happy hour and reverse happy bar ever............they have fantastic avocado egg rolls!

I just had the cheeseburger in paradise. it was wonderful. the fries were ok, and the fountain coke incredible. now i must go to the gym and work it off b/c i missed the vomiting timeframe. damn it!

Cremaster ~ i heard about those egg rolls. word around detroit is that they are everything great about guacomole and french fries combined into one plate of bliss for $4.50

Work starts tomorrow!

I just had the cheeseburger in paradise. it was wonderful. the fries were ok, and the fountain coke incredible. now i must go to the gym and work it off b/c i missed the vomiting timeframe. damn it!

Cremaster ~ i heard about those egg rolls. word around detroit is that they are everything great about guacomole and french fries combined into one plate of bliss for $4.50

Work starts tomorrow!

Thursday for me!

Thank god it's here via www.drugstore.com ~ the stuff is about 80% cheaper than normal ambien. now my drug addiction is much more affordable. I love generics! 180 pills for $100...that should get me through the 1st year of residency.

Thank god it's here via www.drugstore.com ~ the stuff is about 80% cheaper than normal ambien. now my drug addiction is much more affordable. I love generics! 180 pills for $100...that should get me through the 1st year of residency.

I'm not sure why you think you are going to need them to sleep...........I don't think you are ever going to be able to sleep! Let me know when you "kona" get your ass kicked again.

Oh and for anyone interested I found a Harriet Lane I bought 3rd year which is pretty much brand new. I'd be willing to sell it for like $30 or so. PM if you are interested.

By the way AStro and I found the greatest happy hour and reverse happy bar ever............they have fantastic avocado egg rolls!

hmmmmm. Speaking of gays.....;)

Gotta' love uncle sam!

I'm at OIS, and it's gone from yelling and exercise to class room all day with a break for exercise and lunch. Sort of like a day car for grownups.

The only problem is that they haven't paid me yet. We're working on it, but this happens a lot from what they say. I'll be taking up a collection for "feed the broke intern" in the coming weeks if things don't change.

I have 3 weeks left here. We're going to Groton, CT for a parade to march on July 4th.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting off base, getting a steak, and appreciating some of God's finest creatures.

BLIZZLE

Gotta' love uncle sam!

I'm at OIS, and it's gone from yelling and exercise to class room all day with a break for exercise and lunch. Sort of like a day car for grownups.

The only problem is that they haven't paid me yet. We're working on it, but this happens a lot from what they say. I'll be taking up a collection for "feed the broke intern" in the coming weeks if things don't change.

I have 3 weeks left here. We're going to Groton, CT for a parade to march on July 4th.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting off base, getting a steak, and appreciating some of God's finest creatures.

BLIZZLE

I would like to say that I am a proud member of PETA as well, that is People Eating Tasty Animals. And yes you can get that on a tshirt.

Gotta' love uncle sam!

BLIZZLE

Bernard I'm glad you are still alive. I was beginning to worry that you had changed your name to Berdina and ran off with a sailor man.

OK so we've been busy enought that we forgot to post! We're having boy #2!!! AND the quad screen came back OK!! We had a regular ultrasound & they 3D it for us a little. It was super cool! You really see the baby that way. He was using the placenta like a pillow. Brady is excited to have "his" baby!

Lucky - I hear your pain... Been there. Not looking forward to doing that again.

OK so we've been busy enought that we forgot to post! We're having boy #2!!! AND the quad screen came back OK!! We had a regular ultrasound & they 3D it for us a little. It was super cool! You really see the baby that way. He was using the placenta like a pillow. Brady is excited to have "his" baby!

Lucky - I hear your pain... Been there. Not looking forward to doing that again.

Congrats! I hope all goes well with the pregnancy and keep us updated on Dartos #3.

I guess the quality time Dartos, Trophy wife, striptastic, and I spent in Chicago was successful.

Congrats on all being well.

2.5 weeks of OIS.

I guess the quality time Dartos, Trophy wife, striptastic, and I spent in Chicago was successful.

Really...sounds like you guys had a "swingin" time. That now begs the question...who's the daddy???? HA!

Congrats Dartos and Trophy...wow...babies and PGY1....I'm scared. Will be secretly implementing BCP hormones into the drinking water. I can handle some mood swings and MOOBs for a year.

I was watching some old Reno 911 and South Park tonight............that stuff is funny no matter how old it is! I hope that wherever I end up the hospital gets comedy central:)

Man...I'm sorta bored of being at OIS....

But, I'm also scared to start my internship so late after I leave here. Everyone else is finishing their orientation, and the OIS interns will show up late and just go to work.

In some ways that's better. We'll be flying under the radar and be able to just get to work instead of standing around holding hands and talking.

At least we don't have to stand call alone until they send us overseas.