DMU vs. KCUMB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuvoCK52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on DMU vs. KCUMB? especially on the differences on curriculum and academic atmosphere ~~Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

NuvoCK52 said:
Does anyone have any opinions on DMU vs. KCUMB? especially on the differences on curriculum and academic atmosphere ~~Thanks

In my humble opinion, DMU kicks butt. I know that doesn't answer your question directly. But I wanted to give DMU props.

NuvoCK52 said:

KCUMB's Genesis curriculum is unique and exciting! Out of all of my schooling (and yes, I am the eternal student), this has been working great for me. Actually, once we hit SBL (Skin Blood and Lymph), I knew this is just the way I wanted to learn medicine; It's amazing to see how much more we can learn when all academic subjects are orchestrated together!

... I feel very lucky to have picked the right school for me! :love:

They are both good schools with good reputations nationwide. Residencies feel assured when students rotate from either school. Always go with an established DO program.
I graduated from UHS (now KCUMB), and I think the facilities are top notch and the campus is growing. Both schools are expensive.

They are evenly matched, so I would choose the school that is in the better locale and is closest to family.