DMU vs TCOM

Started by Enne
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Enne

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have been lucky enough to be accepted into both TCOM and DMU. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts between these two schools? As a Texas resident, I believe TCOM is less expensive by far, but also has more research opportunities and I have family close by. On the other hand, I believe DMU has higher pass rates on step exams as well as may be slightly better as a founding school for residency programs. I am most interested in pathology and anesthesiology in case that makes any difference. Any advice would be appreciated!
 
TCOM!

I don’t have the numbers but I remember TCOM being #1 in the nation in COMLEX pass rates, but I’m not sure what their step is. It honestly seems like it’s just based on how much of a powerhouse student body is taking it that year.

As to matching, I’ve seen a TON of students match into anesthesiology from TCOM!

I’ve also heard DMU rotations can be a little lack luster. Maybe a DMU student can speak on that more.

The tuition alone makes TCOM the best choice IMO.