Dmu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncogene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to start a thread to see how orientation went for everyone. I must say it was a good time. My advisor is mahoney and that guy is a character. Who do you all have for advisors? Lastly, did any of you get the impression today that first year is going to be extremely difficult? I mean that is all they kept saying. YIKES! Later

Members don't see this ad.

oncogene said:
Hello,

I just wanted to start a thread to see how orientation went for everyone. I must say it was a good time. My advisor is mahoney and that guy is a character. Who do you all have for advisors? Lastly, did any of you get the impression today that first year is going to be extremely difficult? I mean that is all they kept saying. YIKES! Later

I've got Dr. Smith, he seems very knowledgable. Yeah, it seems that's the only thing we really were told today was how hard it was going to be and how difficult the classes were. See you guys at the baseball game.

oncogene said:
Hello,

Hi!
I found orientation to be ... enjoyable? Kinda? It's exciting to be starting, but at the same time, very intimidating because it sounds like it is going to be a really stressful year!!! I'm hoping that will scare me into studying a lot. I have Dr. Bennett for my advisor. He was really nice. I was too shy to ask any questions though... I just let all the other students talk... haha...

Members don't see this ad :)
My advisor is Dr. Mahoney as well. He is awesome. First year is tough. But you can do it. You just have to be dedicated and put in the time and you will be fine.

densmore22 said:
I've got Dr. Smith, he seems very knowledgable. Yeah, it seems that's the only thing we really were told today was how hard it was going to be and how difficult the classes were. See you guys at the baseball game.

Dr. Smith is a great guy. He likes to joke around a lot. Let me ask you this, did he promise all of you at the table that he would have a barbeque at his house for all of his advisees?

IlizaRob said:
Dr. Smith is a great guy. He likes to joke around a lot. Let me ask you this, did he promise all of you at the table that he would have a barbeque at his house for all of his advisees?

That is so funny that you mentioned that. I was just thinking about that the other day and thought to myself "Well maybe he will do it for this year's class". I guess that is his favorite first year line

I'm visiting DMU tommorrow!
Maybe I'll join the class of 2011.

If any upperclassmen are going to be around school anytime 12:00-2:00 and wouldn't mind sharing with me some worthwhile advice about DMU/pod school (I'll buy lunch!), or even if you're up for a couple ping pong games send me a message.

Catayst said:
I'm visiting DMU tommorrow!
Maybe I'll join the class of 2011.

If any upperclassmen are going to be around school anytime 12:00-2:00 and wouldn't mind sharing with me some worthwhile advice about DMU/pod school (I'll buy lunch!), or even if you're up for a couple ping pong games send me a message.

If you stop by the clinic in the Tower I will be there int he afternoon.

Wow fantastic campus--almost everything has been renovated and is ready for the class of '10.
Thanks to Rob & Jon for being phenomenal tour guides, albeit mediocre ping-pong players (j/k you guys were good :) ). Hope to see you all there next year