Dmu?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reaton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell me anything you know about DMU, good and bad.

Also, know anything about their program in Global Medicine? Anyone goes there know anything about Dr. Shah?

Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was invited for a visit last summer there and went to undergrad near DMU and it is a nice small campus just outside of downtown Des Moines. Very nice new buildings, really nice library (big windows) and lots of private study rooms for groups of 2 to 8. The have an extensive list of rotations sites and have been very polite and helpful to me everytime I have emailed or called them for more info about the school. DMU was my #1 school until I got put on 'hold' and NSU gave me an interview, but having lived in Des Moines, DMU is a good school in a fun town that is very inexpesnive to live in. Just my opinions.

Dr. Shah is a really great guy & a good teacher. If you are interested in international medicine he is the man to talk to. Also, Dr. Devore is huge into global health & leads our Medicine for Mali program.

As a current student, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I am as happy as any M2 can be w/ his/her school.