DMUCOM to airport?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how far away Des Moines is from the airport. I asked the school for an early interview since there really aren't any late flights, so htey told me they will give me the 1:15 interview, and i should be done no later than 2:30. So how far is the ride to the airport? I'm going to have to take a cab, so I'm assuming I would have to wait for the cab to show up as well. Will I make a 4:30 flight? I won't be checking any bags, and I'll probably do self check in. I know when I flew out of Erie, the airport was so small, there was no point in getting there really early. Is the Des Moines airport the same? Thanks for the help/

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how far away Des Moines is from the airport. I asked the school for an early interview since there really aren't any late flights, so htey told me they will give me the 1:15 interview, and i should be done no later than 2:30. So how far is the ride to the airport? I'm going to have to take a cab, so I'm assuming I would have to wait for the cab to show up as well. Will I make a 4:30 flight? I won't be checking any bags, and I'll probably do self check in. I know when I flew out of Erie, the airport was so small, there was no point in getting there really early. Is the Des Moines airport the same? Thanks for the help/

It's about 4 miles away and you take the inside roads to get there. Since traffick is non-existant it would take about 10 minutes or so. It's not far at all.

You'll be sitting around the airport for a long time.

There are usually no big lines and you're through security in 5 minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes. des moines airport is the same. small and no reason to get there too early. The airport is about 3-4 miles from DMU and its basically a straight shot.

I fly out of DSM a few times a year. I would say I usually get there about 45min to 1 hour early. I would say the security wait is usually 10 (rare) or less. Especially in the afternoon. The ariport is small, you will get dropped off within 20 yards of your airlines ticket counter, then its at most a five minute walk to your gate + security. Hope that answers your questions.

If you have any questions about DMU, let me know.. only 5 months till im freakn done baby!!

Thanks for the info guys. I thought since Des Moines was the capitol, the airport might be a bit busier and I would need more time to get there. So now all I need to do is figure out who will be dropping me off at the airport in NY so I'll know if I need a flight out of JFK or Newark or LaGuardia. But that's probably not something you guys can help me with.

Is there anything near the school that I could do for about an hour to kill some time? I might rent a car, so I don't mind driving somewhere nearby.