DMUCOM vs. KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ELfutureDOc09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...well now, after applying and going to interviews and all, I am so very happy to know that I will end up somewhere next year! Thus far I have gotten accepted to LECOM-FL, LECOM-ERIE, TUCOM-Nevada, KCOM, and hearing from DMU soon, hopefully this week. I have turned down LECOM-FL, LECOM-ERIE and TUCOM-NEvada. Everything has boiled down to this Friday provided I get accepted to DMU... as I would have to decide between going to KCOM and DMU, due to KCOM's deposit being due on Sat. I have talked to my parents but they both want me to go to KCOM due to its reputation andthe strength of the program. I really did like the feel of the campus, but being from a large city (Portland, OR) the idea of being in such a small town still gets me; although I do feel like I can live there for a couple of years; When visiting DMU, I was really impressed with their facilities. But the fact that they have 200+ students in a few of their lectures irks me a little. After considering everything, I really don't know which school to choose. Can somebody give me a little help...some insight? I don't know how many of you out there have had to choose between the two schools, but if anyone did, how did you make ur final decision? any help is appreciated!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

ELfutureDOc09 said:
Hey everyone...well now, after applying and going to interviews and all, I am so very happy to know that I will end up somewhere next year! Thus far I have gotten accepted to LECOM-FL, LECOM-ERIE, TUCOM-Nevada, KCOM, and hearing from DMU soon, hopefully this week. I have turned down LECOM-FL, LECOM-ERIE and TUCOM-NEvada. Everything has boiled down to this Friday provided I get accepted to DMU... as I would have to decide between going to KCOM and DMU, due to KCOM's deposit being due on Sat. I have talked to my parents but they both want me to go to KCOM due to its reputation andthe strength of the program. I really did like the feel of the campus, but being from a large city (Portland, OR) the idea of being in such a small town still gets me; although I do feel like I can live there for a couple of years; When visiting DMU, I was really impressed with their facilities. But the fact that they have 200+ students in a few of their lectures irks me a little. After considering everything, I really don't know which school to choose. Can somebody give me a little help...some insight? I don't know how many of you out there have had to choose between the two schools, but if anyone did, how did you make ur final decision? any help is appreciated!! :)

Congrats on your acceptances! I posted on that link that the poster right before me put for ya, but if the "only" thing that's going against your choice to go KV is the location, it's not a big deal at all. I'm from LA and I went to San Diego for my undergrad...so far I'm surviving the whole "city girl in the country" culture shock thing. =) If you weigh it out, not being in the city means lower rent, less distractions, and no traffic! Please do read that previous link posted, or PM any of us KCOMers that you might happen to run across this board (or even the student ambassador that you stayed with, if you went via that route during your interview).

And when I'm itchin' for "big city stuff", I just remind myself that it's only 2 years here...hehe. =)

-N

Members don't see this ad :)
You will most likely only spend two years in Kirksville, anyways. So if you really like the program, then go for it. I was accepted at DMU and KCOM as well, and while I chose another school (closer to home) between the two I would have chosen DMU, handsdown-I thought both programs were similar in strength and I didn't like the way KCOM's OMM lab was set up, or their lecture halls. But thats just me, you've gotta do what feels right to you. :luck:

ELfutureDOc09 said:
ELfutureDOc09, I PM'd ya.

theOC said:
check yo inbox now.

Well, I've made my decision,and sent in my deposit! I'm going to KCOM! Thanks to everyone who helped with the tough decision!

KCOM class of 2009 :laugh:

Congratulations, EL! I think KCOM is an AWESOME school. I was also very much torn between DMU and KCOM, but I went with DMU when it came time to decide where to send the deposit. Still--it's a great school and I wish you the best! :D

ELfutureDOc09 said:
Well, I've made my decision,and sent in my deposit! I'm going to KCOM! Thanks to everyone who helped with the tough decision!

KCOM class of 2009 :laugh:

Well, either ways, its a good decision.