DNP in Anesthesia....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are a ton of dnp nurse anesthesia programs. Old news

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There are a ton of dnp nurse anesthesia programs. Old news

actually I think all CRNA programs are required to be DNP by sometime in the near future.

Oh, and it won't just be CRNAs. You'll be seeing Dr. Nurses everywhere from NP to midwife. The profession that wants you to call them Dr, but doesn't want to go to med school...

Reactions: 1 user
actually I think all CRNA programs are required to be DNP by sometime in the near future.

Oh, and it won't just be CRNAs. You'll be seeing Dr. Nurses everywhere from NP to midwife. The profession that wants you to call them Dr, but doesn't want to go to med school...
I eagerly await await our Doctor of Medical Assisting overlords.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
So now even PAs are feeling the need to be called doctor....fantastic.

Haha, but PAs will have a harder time assuming the doctor role since their name is literally Physician ASSISTANT. Some nut jobs want it changed to ASSOCIATE but still implies they are under an actual physician. Names matter.

Also I have no clue what inthe world that DMS degree is or does. Scary, I wouldn't want to see someone like that.

Also, on the DNP subject, we had a couple CRNAs in residency who were "bridging" to DNP completely via online didactics. Interestingly they were, by far, the worst and most dangerous anesthetists in the department (frequently assigned to PACU or ECT duty). What a joke!