Do 2 consecutive summer classes count as a "year?"

Started by echidna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

echidna

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, originially I was going to do physics in Spring/Fall 2009 for the full year of Physics required by all med schools. But now I'm thinking I might just take some time off work and finish both Physics I and II at UC Santa Cruz this summer instead of Calculus. Do med schools frown on this practice? Will they still consider it a full year or Physics or should I just stick to my original plan? If I can do the same thing with O Chem next summer I may even be able to apply a year earlier than I thought. What do you guys say?
 
When they say, "take a year of physics," I think they mean take two 3-hour physics classes, each with a 1-hour lab. That was the case for me anyway.