DO 2008 match lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

igcgnerd

Hawkeye
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the definative match lists I have complied for everyone so far. I decided to start a thread to put them in on central location. For current students/ alumni, if there is anything to add shout out. Match list still MIA include: TCOM, NYCOM, and VCOM. I'm especially interested in NYCOM so if any one has it please share.

http://www.dmu.edu/com/residencies/2008specialty.cfm

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• western 2008.pdf
    175.2 KB · Views: 518
  • pcom 2008.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 610
  • nova 2008.pdf
    89.1 KB · Views: 541
  • CCOM Match 2008.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 2008TouroMatchList.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 779
  • 2008 KCUMB Match List-1.xls
    45.5 KB · Views: 383
  • OSUCOM2008MATCH.doc
    94 KB · Views: 321
There are 25+ schools, you're still missing quite a few lists.

he said: "Here is the definative match lists I have complied for everyone so far." He didn't say it was a complete list. We are still waiting on a schools and their lists. I think its great he made a new thread compiling the lists that we know are complete together.

As for nycom's list. I heard they have the list in the admin office, I'll stop by on Monday and see if i can get a copy of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks OP.

Here's KCOM:

Attachments

• KCOM Matchlist.xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 360
NYCOM 2004-2008.
We have lists down to 1999 on our website, but I think this is enough.

Attachments

• NYCOM2006.pdf
    69 KB · Views: 272
  • NYCOM2007.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,741
  • NYCOM2008.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 965
  • NYCOM2005.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 288
  • NYCOM2004.pdf
    94.8 KB · Views: 272
Thanks!, gotta love the rads at Yale and Temple, the Allo Derm at Einstein/Montefiore...

NYCOM's 2008 list was really good :) There's also allo optho and a Johns Hopkin's IM match too. Lots of matches at some solid hospitals in NYC too, like Lenox Hill and St Lukes Roosevelt.

NYCOM's 2008 list was really good :) There's also allo optho and a Johns Hopkin's IM match too. Lots of matches at some solid hospitals in NYC too, like Lenox Hill and St Lukes Roosevelt.

Yea, most of the IM was Allo at some very solid nyc programs. The NY Hospital Med Center Flushing is affiliated with Cornell.

just wondering, how come most from western are FP/IM? did all those people actually choose FP/IM or could they not get somthing else?

LECOM-Erie 2008

Attachments

• LECOM 2008 Match Liste.docx
    17.4 KB · Views: 535
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to WVSOM and am just curious if anyone here has any recent residency match lists for WVSOM. Although I am probably going into FM/IM/EM, I am still curious.

Impressive lists, but still dominated by primary care. Out of 189 in '08, 41 FM, 29 IM, 20 peds...

Still, less than half:D. I was only looking at the FM/IM that you had said. I didn't pay attention to peds.

Before everyone starts jumping the gun..pay more attention to the fact that some schools have a big class size, realize that when stats are extrapolated it might be misleading. Also keep in mind that your colleague matching at a big program doesn't justify your failure/success...match lists are good to look at but doesn't help you in judging your chances of a great education, my 2 cents.

Most from all the schools are FM/IM.

Actually true, the majority of students in all DO schools go that route. The reasons are variable but DO schools do emphasize its importance. Also look it doesn't mean that you go DO is an automatic primary care career..not true just realize that DO schools have non-traditional students, students that are quite set on primary care right from the get go so it doesn't say much if your class had a lot of FP/IM kids..it just tells me that your school for a given year had accepted more students passionate about primary care. So really no point in measuring the match lists...

Does anybody know where I could find OUCOM's matches?

9 Matched Ortho. That's hot. :D

Yeah, ortho is pretty popular in my class. It will be interesting to see what happens this year in the Match.... my class is full of gunners, and it's rumored that almost 40 want to do EM. A ton want surgery also.

Surprisingly, rads, ENT, and optho aren't as popular as I would've thought.

Yeah, ortho is pretty popular in my class. It will be interesting to see what happens this year in the Match.... my class is full of gunners, and it's rumored that almost 40 want to do EM. A ton want surgery also.

Surprisingly, rads, ENT, and optho aren't as popular as I would've thought.

:eek: I thought our school matching 22 was a lot...don't know how many wanted to that didn't though.

what, no love for the south? ;) here's tcom's lists from 2005-2007, couldn't find 2008 just yet but i'll keep looking, they might have emailed it out a while back.

update: 2008 was available online, made it into a .doc

Attachments

• TCOM2005.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 168
  • TCOM2006.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 166
  • TCOM2007.pdf
    104 KB · Views: 176
  • TCOM 2008.doc
    125 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
what, no love for the south? ;) here's tcom's lists from 2005-2007, couldn't find 2008 just yet but i'll keep looking, they might have emailed it out a while back.

update: 2008 was available online, made it into a .doc

Derm at Case Western. Nice :thumbup: