-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DO Acceptance, MD Waitlist Who else?
Started by futurephysician57
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any advice getting off Waitlist?
Have you sent them a letter? Are you doing anything leadership, community service, or research wise that you can notify them of with that letter to support why you want to be there?
Imo, safest way to go about this is to drop the deposit the last day of the Deadline if you haven't received anything from your MD school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted610572
Start working out so you look good for OPP lab
A
AnatomyGrey12
Start working out so you look good for OPP lab
Already posted this in another thread but I think it is apt:
Same boat. Sent out a letter a few days ago with a new letter of rec. I know I'm so lucky to know I'm going to be a doctor no matter what, but the MD would make things a lot easier.
D
deleted679859
Joining this thread too. So grateful to have somewhere to go next year, but also currently sitting on 3 MD waitlists. One of the schools really likes letters of interest so I'm going to write a combined update/LOI and send it in within the week.
Get that pelvic diaphragm ready for some sweet sweet release.
Same boat, (2 MD waitlists actually). Going to update the school receptive to updates and hope for the best.
I've found it's helpful to keep some perspective. If you would have asked me 12 months ago if I'd forgo applying MD at all for a guaranteed DO spot I would have said yes.
I've found it's helpful to keep some perspective. If you would have asked me 12 months ago if I'd forgo applying MD at all for a guaranteed DO spot I would have said yes.
Same here except 4 MD waitlists. Gonna be in lots of debt regardless of what happens, at this point what's 2,000 dollars of lost depositsJoining this thread too. So grateful to have somewhere to go next year, but also currently sitting on 3 MD waitlists. One of the schools really likes letters of interest so I'm going to write a combined update/LOI and send it in within the week.
Me!!! I'm hoping for the MD but honestly it's just nice to know I don't have to go through that application process again, and I get to be a doctor sooner!
Also, I actually really prefer the DO schools location, so, meh, it's all good either way (though will take that MD acceptance in a heartbeat if it's offered) 🙂
I hope you guys also get what you're wanting, but I think everything works out like it's supposed to in the end.
Also, I actually really prefer the DO schools location, so, meh, it's all good either way (though will take that MD acceptance in a heartbeat if it's offered) 🙂
I hope you guys also get what you're wanting, but I think everything works out like it's supposed to in the end.
I haven't sent them a letter. 200 hrs additional community service and I became student advisor and tutor. When should I send them a letter now or wait till end of April? The school has a live WaitlistHave you sent them a letter? Are you doing anything leadership, community service, or research wise that you can notify them of with that letter to support why you want to be there?
Imo, safest way to go about this is to drop the deposit the last day of the Deadline if you haven't received anything from your MD school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm in the same boat! Also working on looking good for OPP haha. And it's between NYC and NJ (home state) so I'm good either way 🙂 I was advised to send an update letter now then another short note in a few weeks reiterating my interest. Also asked for an additional rec from the doc I'm currently working for as an MA.
Same boat! Deff happy that I'm going to be a doctor either way but on 3 MD WL and pending 3 MD decisions. For a peace of mind, I'm continuing my life as if I will be matriculating at the DO school and take any acceptance as/if they come!
Agreed that the 2000 dollars is a small chunk to pay in the grand scheme of things (still a lot of money tho ugh lol)
Agreed that the 2000 dollars is a small chunk to pay in the grand scheme of things (still a lot of money tho ugh lol)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad