Do adcoms pay attention to things like muscle tone during interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Im trying to maximize my chances, i don't think bulking up 2 months before an interview for a slight advantage is a waste. My thinking is an adcom will prefer a stronger physician just in case of a emergency situation like a patient falling out of bed or a patient needing to be restrain

Speaking from experience...physicians rarely deal with that. It's the nursing staff.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's incredible this dude hasn't gotten the ban hammer yet

Reactions: 1 users
I know due to human nature adcoms pay attention to beauty. That got me thinking, would being muscular give any short of advantage or do they not care? There was a thread about how people cant help but give the advantage to the more attractive candidates. Would muscles have the same or similar effect.

Additional info: I'm not talking physically fit but noticeably ripped.Also assume the candidate has competitive GPA, MCAT and ECs

It's one of those little things that says a lot. The field is vastly more competitive these days than it ever used to be, so you have to ask yourself: who are the adcoms gonna be more interested in, the person who takes a laissez-faire approach to physique, or someone who strives to embody the human body at its best? Also keep in mind that you're expected to be pulling at least 10 hours a week of moderate intensity exercise to reflect your ability to commit to a personally defined goal, so it serves as an immediate check of that benchmark.

Basically, don't forget the golden rule: if you're not perfect, then everyone is better than you and you'll go nowhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
arnold-schwarzenegger-pumping-iron.jpg

Really?!

I'm starting to think that listener is the carefully crafted troll alt of one of the mods. It's the only explanation I can come up with for him not catching the ban hammer.

I'm starting to think that listener is the carefully crafted troll alt of one of the mods. It's the only explanation I can come up with for him not catching the ban hammer.

No kidding.

Dudee didn't you know all the jacked up kids that interview are immediately given an ortho residency slot with location of their choosing, part of the good old boys club keeping the strong aesthetics in ortho---you myrin?!?:naughty:

Good Lord, why hasn't this guy been banned already?

Do we really ban just for being dense? I mean, has he actually violated any rules/TOS?

We've banned for much less.

Let's call it a "body of work" ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.