Do adcoms really look like that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just flipping through the Dartmouth catalog & saw a foto of some adcom members @ work. Appearances aren't everything, but still . . . really scarrryyy!!! :eek: I know most adcoms tend to be on the conservative side, but are there certain schools that are known to have more progressive members??

Btw, I was going to have a wine cooler when I reach 100 posts, but just missed it! I hope this qualifies me as a "regular" now . . . :D

Members don't see this ad.

my favorite was the back of the Wash U book. they spend money to present their school as a prestigious institution and then they have a picture of some wasted med students on the back cover.:rolleyes:

maybe to prove they don't study all the time?

... most adcoms are washed up drunks, who cant remember crap bout what they got their Phd in. i mean its a freakin joke, that these so-called "academics" chose who becomes a doc, when half of them wanted to be a doc, werent good enuf, settled for a Phd, then turn round & choose the next docs-to-be... a joke or what???!! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,.....I mean how can anyone take this process seriously??? I guess if u were just hatched from an egg, but c'mon smell the coffee people... this process is a total farce....

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by delayofgame
... most adcoms are washed up drunks, who cant remember crap bout what they got their Phd in. i mean its a freakin joke, that these so-called "academics" chose who becomes a doc, when half of them wanted to be a doc, werent good enuf, settled for a Phd, then turn round & choose the next docs-to-be... a joke or what???!! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,.....I mean how can anyone take this process seriously??? I guess if u were just hatched from an egg, but c'mon smell the coffee people... this process is a total farce....

Too much Jager? Beam?.....Miller Lite? :confused:

Have another drink, buddy.

Hey how do you become a dean of a school? Must you get both md and ph.d? Then what? How much do they work and how much do they get paid?