Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Just flipping through the Dartmouth catalog & saw a foto of some adcom members @ work. Appearances aren't everything, but still . . . really scarrryyy!!! :eek: I know most adcoms tend to be on the conservative side, but are there certain schools that are known to have more progressive members??

Btw, I was going to have a wine cooler when I reach 100 posts, but just missed it! I hope this qualifies me as a "regular" now . . . :D

::Seabass::

bringing burkas back!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2002
redneck heaven
Status (Visible)
my favorite was the back of the Wash U book. they spend money to present their school as a prestigious institution and then they have a picture of some wasted med students on the back cover.:rolleyes:

maybe to prove they don't study all the time?

delayofgame

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
... most adcoms are washed up drunks, who cant remember crap bout what they got their Phd in. i mean its a freakin joke, that these so-called "academics" chose who becomes a doc, when half of them wanted to be a doc, werent good enuf, settled for a Phd, then turn round & choose the next docs-to-be... a joke or what???!! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,.....I mean how can anyone take this process seriously??? I guess if u were just hatched from an egg, but c'mon smell the coffee people... this process is a total farce....

About the Ads

Explosivo

blah!
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2002
In a van down by the river...
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by delayofgame
... most adcoms are washed up drunks, who cant remember crap bout what they got their Phd in. i mean its a freakin joke, that these so-called "academics" chose who becomes a doc, when half of them wanted to be a doc, werent good enuf, settled for a Phd, then turn round & choose the next docs-to-be... a joke or what???!! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,.....I mean how can anyone take this process seriously??? I guess if u were just hatched from an egg, but c'mon smell the coffee people... this process is a total farce....

Too much Jager? Beam?.....Miller Lite? :confused:

Have another drink, buddy.

ljube_02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Hey how do you become a dean of a school? Must you get both md and ph.d? Then what? How much do they work and how much do they get paid?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads