do all D.O schools require a BS/BA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saltmania

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked this question earlier in the pre-allo forum....but I'm curious about Osteopathic medical schools...Do all D.O schools require a BS/BA as a prerequisite ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMikeyLu said:
you have to have a college degree

some dont, for example, unecom only requires 3 years of undergrad completed.

are yall talking about the medical programs..where highschool students are accepted into a program that is affiliated with a university..and they complete 3 or 4 years of undergrad..and immediately gain acceptance to a medical school without MCATS...because IMO thats ok....

Yes, some will say the minimum needed is 90 credits, however, most will strongly advise expect to complete a Bachelors before matriculation. I think it would put an applicant at a great disadvantage. Sure you hear of a handful getting in without a degree, but they are in the minority.

Since a lot of students apply to MD/DO school at the end of their junior year, most schools require 90 credit hours + all the pre-recs, but they expect that you will finish your degree before you enter.