• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

About the Ads

justtesting

10+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
NY's unique program is 4.5 years in length and begins in January. The tuition is pro-rated. All the 4 year programs start in the summer or early September.

as an honest question, what is unique about new york's program besides the length?

JEWmongous

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2004
Burlington, VT
Status (Visible)
as an honest question, what is unique about new york's program besides the length?

I meant unique in the sense that over programs don't have something similar. From my understanding, with the 5 year programs at other schools, you are paying for the full 5 years. With NYCPM's, you pay the same tuition as the 4th years (but add in additional living expenses).

Students who are changing careers/have to finish additional pre-reqs/want a more "relaxed" basic sciences will most likely benefit from this program (IMO). You start off the program by taking 2 medical school classes (neuro and anatomy I believe) so it definitely is an easier start to podiatric medical school. With NYCPM itself, the school benefits by having the tuition of an extra 30 or so students a year.

Overall, this pathway sounds legit, especially compared to what NYCPM used to have available/promote (some odd pathway where you could get a DPM from NYCPM and a MD from a little known carribean medical school). It sounded awfully fishy overall.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.