do all pod programs start in the fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justtesting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if there are any programs that start in the spring?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe NY has the 5-year pod. program which starts in the spring....

I believe NY has the 5-year pod. program which starts in the spring....

NY's unique program is 4.5 years in length and begins in January. The tuition is pro-rated. All the 4 year programs start in the summer or early September.

Members don't see this ad :)
NY's unique program is 4.5 years in length and begins in January. The tuition is pro-rated. All the 4 year programs start in the summer or early September.

as an honest question, what is unique about new york's program besides the length?

as an honest question, what is unique about new york's program besides the length?

I meant unique in the sense that over programs don't have something similar. From my understanding, with the 5 year programs at other schools, you are paying for the full 5 years. With NYCPM's, you pay the same tuition as the 4th years (but add in additional living expenses).

Students who are changing careers/have to finish additional pre-reqs/want a more "relaxed" basic sciences will most likely benefit from this program (IMO). You start off the program by taking 2 medical school classes (neuro and anatomy I believe) so it definitely is an easier start to podiatric medical school. With NYCPM itself, the school benefits by having the tuition of an extra 30 or so students a year.

Overall, this pathway sounds legit, especially compared to what NYCPM used to have available/promote (some odd pathway where you could get a DPM from NYCPM and a MD from a little known carribean medical school). It sounded awfully fishy overall.