Do all Veterinary Schools know if you have accepted a spot a specific school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

runningwithriley

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I have been accepted into one Veterinary School. I would absolutely go. But I am still waiting to hear from a different school that is my first choice. Would the first choice school know if I accept the spot at the other school? Thanks so much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I have been accepted into one Veterinary School. I would absolutely go. But I am still waiting to hear from a different school that is my first choice. Would the first choice school know if I accept the spot at the other school? Thanks so much!
The only way that they would be notified would be through you. If you decide to accept a seat at one vet school, it is generally an individuals responsibility to decline an acceptance seat. (from my understanding)
 
Sort of related...will accepting a school before the financial aid decision comes out potentially prevent/ de-incentivize them from giving you scholarships/ money?