Do AMCAS send your transcript to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zackscoot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do AMCAS send your transcript with all of your courses to medical school? or will they only send in your GPA calculations?

Members don't see this ad.

they don't forward transcripts. just GPA calculations.

they don't forward transcripts. just GPA calculations.

So does that mean medical school won't be able to see what classes you took before they interview you???

Members don't see this ad :)
So does that mean medical school won't be able to see what classes you took before they interview you???

Huh, no. They'll be able to see all the classes you entered into the coursework section of your AMCAS. They just won't see a copy of your actual school transcript that you mailed to AMCAS. Of course it doesn't really matter since both will say the same thing...

Huh, no. They'll be able to see all the classes you entered into the coursework section of your AMCAS. They just won't see a copy of your actual school transcript that you mailed to AMCAS. Of course it doesn't really matter since both will say the same thing...

I believe the purpose of his question was to see if your "trends" are erased. Id be worried too, since I went 3.4/3.0/3.2/3.3/4.0/4.0 and Id like my trend to be on there.

I believe the purpose of his question was to see if your "trends" are erased. Id be worried too, since I went 3.4/3.0/3.2/3.3/4.0/4.0 and Id like my trend to be on there.

Well, on your application, they break up your GPA by year, and then by Science, AO, and Total. So your trends will be there too. Like someone else said... the two say the exact same thing (except your transcript may lack future courses).