DO and anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dikoerastenie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Check out osteopathic.opportunities.org. They will list the residencies by state. If I were you I would take both COMLEX and USMLE to increase your chances and apply for both MD and DO spots. Its definitely doable I know of a few kids from MSUCOM that got into MD anesthesiology spots. Overall there are many more MD spots than anesthesiology DO residency programs. Good luck.

Check out osteopathic.opportunities.org. They will list the residencies by state. If I were you I would take both COMLEX and USMLE to increase your chances and apply for both MD and DO spots. Its definitely doable I know of a few kids from MSUCOM that got into MD anesthesiology spots. Overall there are many more MD spots than anesthesiology DO residency programs. Good luck.
Thanks. I was going to ask a more detailed question but decided not to. I know I got to hope for md acceptances but if I end up at DO i'll just do my best. Though I really wanted to do residencies at specific schools (sec or big10 or columbia or ucsd :( but it's silly now. I'll just do whatever I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.