DO App question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leslieknope2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about a logistical aspect of DO applications.

I saw on the website that the application opens on May 1st.

However, I could not find what date to submit the primary...? This is in June sometime, right?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the first day you can send out your primary is June 1st. You may be able to get verified in May but June 1st is the first day applications will be sent to schools.

As far as what I read in the threads posted yesterday (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) you can submit everything May 1st, that way you are verified through AACOMAS sooner, but they won't send out your apps to your selected schools until June 1st at the soonest.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as what I read in the threads posted yesterday (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) you can submit everything May 1st, that way you are verified through AACOMAS sooner, but they won't send out your apps to your selected schools until June 1st at the soonest.

Close. Here are the excerpts from the changes AACOMAS announced:

"The new application system will go live on May 5, 2015. To prepare for the launch of AACOM’s new application system, please be aware of the following important updates.

Updates/changes:
· Applicants may begin to apply to 2016 AACOMAS the first week of May 2015. As in previous cycles, COMs will not receive applications until mid-June."

So we can apply and submit the application that same day in May? Or is it just open for is to start filling stuff out in preperation for June?

This kind of scares me. I wanted to apply ASAP but I would have to wait for my transcripts for this semester which wouldn't come out until May 20th-25th. Do you think this puts me at a disadvantage?

@leslieknope2015 You will not be at a disadvantage with your transcripts coming out May 20th-25th. Just make sure that you submit them to AACOMAS as soon as they come out! With everything else verified by mid-June you will actually be at a huge advantage.

@PhillyBoy22 thanks! but do you think I should send in my application right away and then update it with my more recent transcripts later?

That is really up to you. At my school it costs around $12-$18 to send a transcript. It doesn't sound like much, but I would rather be patient and wait to send only one. If you are taking a summer class, then I recommend you send one in as early as possible and update them later.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't send it in until June 1. Start working on it ASAP once it opens on May 1 because it takes longer than you think it will.

Reactions: 1 user