DO Application Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LondonVibes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am submitting an admittedly late DO application right now. I anticipate the primary being submitted this weekend with the transcript already in. When would be a good time to be done with the secondaries? I remember Goro said early Dec, but did not specify a date. I can get some secondaries done in my final 2 weeks, and am totally open after my finals end on December 3. What would be a good goal due date for the secondaries? My stats are a 4.0/519.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This cycle has been amazingly competitive. Every admissions person I talk to says that applications are up anywhere from 10 to 30% at their schools.

And becau interviews are virtual, it's easier for people to interview and more of them are taking part in the process hence it is a far more competitive year this cycle.

So get your application in as soon as possible, and also be prepared to be waitlisted because I have a feeling schools will be getting pickier a lot earlier this year

Reactions: 1 users
This cycle has been amazingly competitive.
Hi Goro! Is this because of the COVID-19, many people felt they cannot have more clinical experience for the next cycle, so there are more applicant applying this year, making it more competitive this cycle? Appreciate!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Goro! Is this because of the COVID-19, many people felt they cannot have more clinical experience for the next cycle, so there are more applicant applying this year, making it more competitive this cycle? Appreciate!
More due to the economy tanking. Medicine always looks to be a good career

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
More due to the economy tanking. Medicine always looks to be a good career
Hey Goro, hope you're doing well. Quick question: If we have all our secondaries in by the end of this week are we still on time?

Hello Goro can I add a few DO schools today or is it too late? @Goro I am already verified and have completed a few secondaries.