Do caribbean medical schools such as SABA, Ross and AUC do grade replacement

Started by AmcyLi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm not in any of these schools but I believe SGU is the only one of the big 4 that do this. Did you know osteopathic (DO) schools pretty much all do this as well?
 
I can't say whether it's an official policy, but I know for a fact that Ross puts emphasis on recent work. So say you have like a 2.0-2.5 from undergrad and then 1 or 2 years of DIY post-bac with a 3.8-4.0, that's usually enough for them to practically ignore the undergrad grades. That said, AACOMAS (the DO application) does grade replacement and verifies it, and as you mentioned SGU does it as well, so obviously try those apps first.