Do Caribbean Schools Care If One Has Had Light Course Loads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Confused 20

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have read that U.S. schools care very much about one's course load and if you have a light course load this will hurt your chances of gaining admittance. Does this also apply to the Caribbean? Will taking a light course load keep me out of the top four schools even if I do well? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.
 
It does not matter. By that I mean, do not listen to what you have been told. Usually, the people who say those type of things, are the ones who never made it. I bet you that if you look at the history of medicine, you will definitely find someone who beat the odds. That being the case, so can you. Follow your heart. If you love medicine and believe in yourself, nothing else matters. Do the carib schools care? I'm sure a few may, but does that mean you cannot get in? Sounds to me like you are listening to someone else tell you what you should pursue and where. The heck with them. Who are they to you? You have what it takes to get into a US school. I know you do; I completely believe in you, and I do not even know you. How can I say that? You would not be pursuing medicine if it was not calling you. Try and force the schools to reject you. Then, if they do, find another school. Your determination is what is going to get you to your goal, nothing else. Best wishes!
 
It does not matter. By that I mean, do not listen to what you have been told. Usually, the people who say those type of things, are the ones who never made it. I bet you that if you look at the history of medicine, you will definitely find someone who beat the odds. That being the case, so can you. Follow your heart. If you love medicine and believe in yourself, nothing else matters. Do the carib schools care? I'm sure a few may, but does that mean you cannot get in? Sounds to me like you are listening to someone else tell you what you should pursue and where. The heck with them. Who are they to you? You have what it takes to get into a US school. I know you do; I completely believe in you, and I do not even know you. How can I say that? You would not be pursuing medicine if it was not calling you. Try and force the schools to reject you. Then, if they do, find another school. Your determination is what is going to get you to your goal, nothing else. Best wishes!

No offense from anyone, but they more care if you secured a loan or have loads of cash to pay the tuition.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No offense from anyone, but they more care if you secured a loan or have loads of cash to pay the tuition.
No offense taken dude. We're using them as much as they are using us. Symbotic, if you will. May all the Caribbean rejects graduate and prosper. May they all then donate money to these greddy fiends so that together we can try to break the backs of the elistist US schools that rejected us. May SBTurner become the US Surgeon General.
 
The most important GPA is the one that encompasses the required prerequisites. The rest of the courses are interconnected to that aforementioned GPA.

In other words, if the prerequisite GPA is 3.5-4.0 then the rest of the courses are not that important, BUT if your prereq GPA is lower, then the difficulty of other courses will play a much bigger role.
 
😎 Most of the US Med. schools do NOT care what your course load is. They liking to see students that studied something that they were interested, and and that they loved. A hard course load doesnt mean much at all. Here in the US or in the Caribbean.