DO chances and strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

keprernicus

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody. Like many others I received my step 1 score this week and am contemplating my competitiveness and plan moving forward.

I'm in the top 25% of my class with a step 1 score of 230 and am hoping to get into a midwest program. My questions are:

1. Do I have a reasonable chance to match in the midwest ?
2. Should I take step 2?

Thanks for all of your help.
 
Hi everybody. Like many others I received my step 1 score this week and am contemplating my competitiveness and plan moving forward.

I'm in the top 25% of my class with a step 1 score of 230 and am hoping to get into a midwest program. My questions are:

1. Do I have a reasonable chance to match in the midwest ?
2. Should I take step 2?

Thanks for all of your help.

Yes, but the top tier programs are out of reach. You should apply to 25 programs with a mix of midtier and lower tier just to be safe.