DO cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bucks17

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for any feedback for my scenario.

Finished my SMP at a “top 10 SMP” with a 3.78 gpa. It has a linkage with an associated DO school (not the school of the smp). the only requirement I haven’t been able to check off is the required mcat score. i haven’t taken it in two years and am unable to take it this fall. The schools application cycle doesn’t close until February. If I was able to get the necessary mcat score on a January test date would it be worth applying? This is a rural school in the area that I grew up in and did many of my EC. This school also gives preference to those that they may have interviewed in the past.
Someone let me know what you think, I can get the mcat score I just need a date where I can actually take it

Members don't see this ad.

Looking for any feedback for my scenario.

Finished my SMP at a “top 10 SMP” with a 3.78 gpa. It has a linkage with an associated DO school (not the school of the smp). the only requirement I haven’t been able to check off is the required mcat score. i haven’t taken it in two years and am unable to take it this fall. The schools application cycle doesn’t close until February. If I was able to get the necessary mcat score on a January test date would it be worth applying? This is a rural school in the area that I grew up in and did many of my EC. This school also gives preference to those that they may have interviewed in the past.
Someone let me know what you think, I can get the mcat score I just need a date where I can actually take it
My first suggestion is to run it through your advisors at the SMP. I don't know their timing when it comes to receiving a January score, but they should be able to give you insight.

Reactions: 1 user