Do DO schools look at transcript GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdstu02

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished filling out my AACOMAS and my cGPA and sGPA are lower on the application then on my transcripts. I also did a post bacc and my gpa is a point higher for my post bacc then my overall including BS and MS. Does any of this make a difference? Will they consider my BS and MS gpa's differently?

My stats are not the greatest cGPA 3.28 and sGPA is a 3.25. I have good extracurriculars.
-I was VP of my pre med organization in undergrad.
- I shadowed DO and MD
-I've volunteered at hospitals
-I'm currently doing research
-I've had a lot of leadership positions and I've been working full time all throughout my BS and Accelerated MS.
I'm retaking my MCAT in September. What are my chances? Does it make a difference that I did a condensed post bacc in medical sciences in 1yr even though I ended up with a 3.3gpa? What DO schools, given I get a good MCAT score, should I apply to? What MCAT score would make me competitive for a DO? Im sure everyone feels discouraged about applying to MD/DO. I would just like an insight from those who have gone through the process on whether I have the slightest chance.

Any feedback would be helpful.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

DO schools are big believers in reinvention, and accept that the you of now is not the you of then. So quit worrying.

So I just finished filling out my AACOMAS and my cGPA and sGPA are lower on the application then on my transcripts. I also did a post bacc and my gpa is a point higher for my post bacc then my overall including BS and MS. Does any of this make a difference? Will they consider my BS and MS gpa's differently?

GPAs are competitive
I'm retaking my MCAT in September. What are my chances?

I would have liked to seen you ace those courses, but you'll get plenty of IIs.

Does it make a difference that I did a condensed post bacc in medical sciences in 1yr even though I ended up with a 3.3gpa?

Any of them.
What DO schools, given I get a good MCAT score, should I apply to?

High 20s.
What MCAT score would make me competitive for a DO?

Reactions: 1 user