Do DO schools require LORs BEFORE interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sudo

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do DO schools send interview invites before receiving all LORs? Or..do they wait for all LORs before sending interview invites?

Or...does it depend on the school?

I received a phone call from Nova, yesterday, saying that they have receiving all my documents (even though I haven't sent them my LORs). Does that mean Nova doesn't require LORs before sending interview invites?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do DO schools send interview invites before receiving all LORs? Or..do they wait for all LORs before sending interview invites?

I received a phone call from Nova, yesterday, saying that they have receiving all my documents (even though I haven't sent them my LORs). Does that mean Nova doesn't require LORs before sending interview invites?

Thanks.

You need to send the LOR in. The only school that I know requires LOR only if you get invite is LECOM.

Thanks.

Nova as far as I know doesn't need letters until your interview invite. I set in the ones I had anyway, though. As the other poster mentioned LECOM is the only school that actually tells you not to send them letters before ii.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova as far as I know doesn't need letters until your interview invite. I set in the ones I had anyway, though. As the other poster mentioned LECOM is the only school that actually tells you not to send them letters before ii.

So it's possible to get an II w/out sending all your LORs in first? I just need to send the LORs in before my actual interview (exception being LECOMs)?

Thanks for the input guys.

So it's possible to get an II w/out sending all your LORs in first? I just need to send the LORs in before my actual interview (exception being LECOMs)?

Nearly everyone gets a secondary. They love to collect money from you. It is a huge revenue source.

Almost every school expects the LORs with the secondary or they won't review your file (it won't be complete without LORs). The exception to this is LECOM, which asks for the LORs after the interview invite, at which point they are due by the interview day.

Nearly everyone gets a secondary...

That's not true. Most of the schools have a pre-secondary cutoffs. Granted DO schools send secondaries to all the applicants that meet their cutoffs, but its better than most MD schools that actually do send EVERY applicant a secondary, even though they know full well they won't even consider someone under their real cutoffs.