Do doctors in Canada really make this much money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThreadMaker

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm reading articles on the internet which say that doctors in Canada make on average $300,000 a yr. Is this true? I always thought doctors in Canada made less than in the US.
 
For family physicians in my province, the range can be quite wide. Talking to my financial planner, her client of family physicians range from 150k to over 400k. It all depends on a lot of factors such as patient volume, number of hours worked, location etc. She is quite surprised at the range and I guess some are more smarter than others.