Do final grades matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steth1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how much second semester grades actually matter once you have already been accepted to a medical school. DO medical schools care about these grades and if so, do all they care about is if you pass? I'm on the borderline between a B and C in a class, and I'm kind of nervous that if I get a C, that it wont really look good. If anybody knows how closely final grades are looked at, please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as you get a C or better, you will be fine.

pretty much you just need to graduate at this point so stick with C's or better and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, once you're accepted, you're accepted. No one will look at your final semester grades and reconsider. God knows I'm living proof. Just get your degree and move on.

In fact, you probably should get straight C's, just for the hell of it. :D

Congrats on your acceptance.

steth1 said:
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how much second semester grades actually matter once you have already been accepted to a medical school. DO medical schools care about these grades and if so, do all they care about is if you pass? I'm on the borderline between a B and C in a class, and I'm kind of nervous that if I get a C, that it wont really look good. If anybody knows how closely final grades are looked at, please let me know. Thanks.

The safe thing to do is call your school and ask them.