Do High School transcripts matter when applying to Dental School??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalvcu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am currently a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University on a Pre-Dental track. I am highly ambitious, it's my dream to attend Harvard School of Dental Medicine. While on their website I noticed that if you get an interview you must provide a copy of your High School transcripts and SAT score. This makes me very nervous because I didn't do as well as I would have liked in high school I took a few AP classes and just did "ok" in them. I graduated with a 3.4 GPA and a ACT score of 19 (I never took the SAT) I was wondering if this will effect my chances of getting into Harvard's Dental program?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the important point is that they don't ask for the high school stuff until AFTER you get the interview, which means they have already decided, on paper, that you may be a good candidate for the school.

Anyway, high school is history. Just crush the next 3 years of undergrad and don't worry about it.

Hi I am currently a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University on a Pre-Dental track. I am highly ambitious, it's my dream to attend Harvard School of Dental Medicine. While on their website I noticed that if you get an interview you must provide a copy of your High School transcripts and SAT score. This makes me very nervous because I didn't do as well as I would have liked in high school I took a few AP classes and just did "ok" in them. I graduated with a 3.4 GPA and a ACT score of 19 (I never took the SAT) I was wondering if this will effect my chances of getting into Harvard's Dental program?
Nothing about high school was mentioned nor asked for me. Do well in your undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Clearly not, because I had a GPA with a 2 in front of it...

Got interviews at most places I applied and got into dental school with a 2.0 high school GPA.
Was on one of the top 10 counterstrike clans on the planet.... priorities back then...

Reactions: 1 user