do I ask my college to send transcript directly to AADSAS or send it by myself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do I ask my college to send transcript directly to AADSAS or send it by myself, or doesn't matter at all? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your college must send your transcript. AADSAS won't accept a transcript from you.

Members don't see this ad :)
do I ask my college to send transcript directly to AADSAS or send it by myself, or doesn't matter at all? Thanks!

Dude, official transcripts means, in other words, that they never touch your hands. Your school sends them directly to AADSAS.

Marion

Dude, official transcripts means, in other words, that they never touch your hands. Your school sends them directly to AADSAS.

Wrong. Many schools will issue official transcripts to students in regular sealed envelopes, or a tamper proof envelope. Just because the envelope touches your hands does not negate its authenticity or official status.

Maybe if you didn't get a D in Chemistry 1 you would have known that :laugh:

Wrong. Many schools will issue official transcripts to students in regular sealed envelopes, or a tamper proof envelope. Just because the envelope touches your hands does not negate its authenticity or official status. Stanford does this as well as many other universities.

Look lil shorty... you're still stuck on that!!???!!! I'm pretty sure I'm more highly intelligent than you are. Are you done with undergrad yet?? Why am I even wasting my time talking to you?? haha.

Marion

Look lil shorty... you're still stuck on that!!???!!! I'm pretty sure I'm more highly intelligent than you are. Are you done with undergrad yet?? Why am I even wasting my time talking to you?? haha.

For such a short paragraph you sure make a lot of (incorrect) assumptions.

Wrong. Many schools will issue official transcripts to students in regular sealed envelopes, or a tamper proof envelope. Just because the envelope touches your hands does not negate its authenticity or official status.

did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something or are you just plain mean? seriously, grow up!
-ld

did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something or are you just plain mean? seriously, grow up!
-ld

Yeah, I know!!! This "broad" PMS's 24-7!! She needs to get back on the multi-vitamins!!

Marion

I guess I missed the lecture in Chem 1 where they discussed transcripts. You're an idiot. He also said the transcript doesn't touch your hands, not the envelope.

U.S. Transcripts
AADSAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant.
1. Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the coursework was originally taken. Send transcripts for all post-secondary institutions you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript.
2. Arrange for a sealed official transcript to be sent directly to the AADSAS Transcript Processing Center from every accredited U.S. and Canadian institution you have attended.
3. Arrange for the AADSAS Transcript Processing Center to receive all of your official transcripts by the application deadline date set by your designated dental schools. A dental school may choose not consider your application for admission if AADSAS receives your transcripts late; however, AADSAS will verify coursework and forward your application to all designated dental schools even if your transcript is received late.
4. Obtain a personal copy of each transcript for your records and to properly complete the Coursework section of your application.
5. It is your responsibility to verify and ensure that AADSAS has received all of your official transcripts. Check the status of your transcripts regularly by logging into your AADSAS application, select Status on the horizontal tool bar, and select Transcripts.

I DEF. thought we all went over this...you're really immature get ahold of yourself and find something better to do then put other people down

I was confused about this too...this afternoon, I went back to my alma mater, and asked the school if I could send the transcript to AADSAS on my own, and if I did, if it would be considered official if they sealed it in an envelope for me before I sent it out. The lady said that it was already considered "official" when she printed the transcript out for me, 'cuz it's on some special paper with a "seal".

I think it depends on all schools. Ask and find out. My high school had to seal the transcript in an envelope and stamped it.

Each school seems to vary! And it's annoying. Find out, before you do anything.

Good luck!:)