Do I fit in ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals

I wanna be Physician( IM)....

But, my step I score is only 84 % ( 207)

I have good LOR, US experience (IMG I am otherwise )

Does anybody forsee any future(has to be IM, sorry..) for me in NY City for 2003 match.

Please write something or anything from your past or present experience...

I will apprecite that..

( Appologise for repeating the same in IM specialty forum, just looking for adequate input, thats all..)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Absolutely! Without a doubt! Pick a program and go for it!!! You are a great candidate for IM...scores aren't the only thing the PD is looking at and NY is a realistic goal for you. Good Luck!!

Have you been to Scutwork.com and looked at all the unmatched programs in the country? Those are shoe ins, but considering your scores, I would think you'd have a shot at some good programs. IM isn't the most competitive residency... in fact, it's hardly competitive at all (minus the top programs).

Thanks guys

I am all geared up and am going to have a go...This was the best I could do with Step I, but step II is going to be better, my prediction this is..

So what do you mean a good program - yes everybody wants to have it, but why ??

My understanding was University programs ( Vs Community) is an important thing, otherwise how do we know one is better than the other ??

Any comments please..( Other than the hrs 55 hrs/ wk Vs 80 hrs/wk business)

Cont'

Just realised Location ! Location ! Big factor..

But for somebody like me who is OK with NY city...

Your scores/academic record will probably meet or exceed any minimums set by most IM programs. After that, work ethic and personality are usually the important considerations.

There will be residency programs that look down on IMGs, but in a cosmopolitan place like NYC, that should be less common.

University vs. community based - it may be easier to do research and get a fellowship from a university setting, if that is what you want to do.

Also, what language(s) do you speak? It is quite possible that in NYC, there's a community that speaks that language, and their local hospital, which might have a residency program, needs more medical personnel who are fluent in that language. Worth a look, if this applies to you.