Do I have a chance for EM--Please Help PD's/interns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quadzilla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if I got a chance to pursue my passion. I have red flags. I graduated in 2005. I failed Step 1 twice and Step 2 once. Was not mentally prepared b/c my wife was sick. Since than I have been working as an ED tech at a Children's Hospital in Atlanta, doing an EM observership at Emory, and volunteering. I founded the EMRA EMIG at my school where I am developing a website etc.. Also, I am a member of EMRA, AAEM, ACEM.

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I'd love to help you, but there's a lot more to it than just numbers (which is a good thing, you have some additional stuff in your app that sounds good). I think you should talk with one of the EM advisors from you med school who may know you better as a whole person and have more useful info for you.

You are a doctor working as an ED tech?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are a doctor working as an ED tech?

He/She probably missed the match... I know a few people that did not match or scramble and are doing things other than "being an MD". I know one dude that's spending this year selling crap on Ebay... Sad thing is he's making double my salary... Life is not fair....

He/She probably missed the match... I know a few people that did not match or scramble and are doing things other than "being an MD". I know one dude that's spending this year selling crap on Ebay... Sad thing is he's making double my salary... Life is not fair....
Do both. :)

You can make a lot of moolah with outside ventures while doing residency.

Don't be jealous because you don't have the 'marbles' to do it........

I didn't know there was that much of a market for 'marbles' on Ebay:laugh: