• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Do I have a chance - worth applying?

Dak_Prescott

Aug 20, 2017
  1. Podiatry Student
    I am currently a first year student in podiatry school, thinking about applying to DO schools if I have a chance at an acceptance. Thanks for your advice and guidance!

cGPA- 3.67
    sGPA- 3.49
    MCAT- 499

Texas resident with committee letter, MD letter (primary care), and PI letter. My last three semesters were 3.8, 4.0, 4.0 in upper level science courses. I have the regular ECs with clinical/non clinical volunteering, a few leadership positions, and a heavy amount of research, but no pubs. If you think I have a shot, I would appreciate advise on my school list as well.

List:
    TCOM
    VCOM
    UIWSOM
    ACOM
    ARCOM
    LECOM
    OSUCOM (strong ties to the state)
    WVSOM
    WCUSOM
    BCOM
    CUSOM

JibsGuy52

5+ Year Member
    Jan 13, 2015
    1. Medical Student
      I would re-take the MCAT. If you score above a 505, I would expect to see multiple interviews. In fact, I know a couple people at my school from Texas with similar stats. PM me and Ill tell you.

About the Ads

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        I am currently a first year student in podiatry school, thinking about applying to DO schools if I have a chance at an acceptance. Thanks for your advice and guidance!

cGPA- 3.67
        sGPA- 3.49
        MCAT- 499

Texas resident with committee letter, MD letter (primary care), and PI letter. My last three semesters were 3.8, 4.0, 4.0 in upper level science courses. I have the regular ECs with clinical/non clinical volunteering, a few leadership positions, and a heavy amount of research, but no pubs. If you think I have a shot, I would appreciate advise on my school list as well.

List:
        TCOM
        VCOM
        UIWSOM
        ACOM
        ARCOM
        LECOM
        OSUCOM (strong ties to the state)
        WVSOM
        WCUSOM
        BCOM
        CUSOM

Add all three VCOMs, Wm Carey, Western, NYITCOM-AR, LMU, KYCOM, RVU-UT.

Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
        5+ Year Member
        Jun 26, 2014
        1. Medical Student
          Chances are okay. GPA is pretty good. MCAT sucks but its not toxic for DO, especially with that GPA.

Strong ties to a state with a state school will help immensely.

Unless money is no object, skip Touro NY/CA, AZCOM, CCOM, RVU-Colorado, any state schools that aren't your own, and any schools with strong regional bias (PNW and NYIT-NY).

But honestly, with that GPA, you should just retake the damn mcat and shoot for MD.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.