Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr. sean

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a Medical Technologist with 2 years experience and tons of work in Pathology doing post-mortem and gross dictation of surgicals. My life long ambition is to be a Pathologist. I have 3.1 cum and took the MCATS in Aug 2000 as an after thought I didn't study whatsoever( I know I know). I got a 7V 6P 8B M. Do I have a snowballs chance in the US or will I have to go to SGU or some other foreign school? Or should I take the MCATS in April and study this time. Any help is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You should try to get into a U.S. school -- foreign schools may create greater psychological and financial burdens than U.S. schools. You need competitive MCAT scores to make up for your GPA; all the experience or volunteer work in the world doesn't mean a thing if you have low scores. You are best advised to retake the MCAT and study/practice this time.

This doesn't have anything to do with your question, but I have a question for you. I'm also very interested in becoming a pathologist. I'm currently majoring in medical technology. Do you think I should go right to medical school after getting my med tech license, or did you enjoy working for a couple of years as a med tech?

Thanks
smile.gif