1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dr. sean, Jan 24, 2001.

1. dr. sean

dr. sean New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am a Medical Technologist with 2 years experience and tons of work in Pathology doing post-mortem and gross dictation of surgicals. My life long ambition is to be a Pathologist. I have 3.1 cum and took the MCATS in Aug 2000 as an after thought I didn't study whatsoever( I know I know). I got a 7V 6P 8B M. Do I have a snowballs chance in the US or will I have to go to SGU or some other foreign school? Or should I take the MCATS in April and study this time. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. You should try to get into a U.S. school -- foreign schools may create greater psychological and financial burdens than U.S. schools. You need competitive MCAT scores to make up for your GPA; all the experience or volunteer work in the world doesn't mean a thing if you have low scores. You are best advised to retake the MCAT and study/practice this time.

4. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

This doesn't have anything to do with your question, but I have a question for you. I'm also very interested in becoming a pathologist. I'm currently majoring in medical technology. Do you think I should go right to medical school after getting my med tech license, or did you enjoy working for a couple of years as a med tech?

Thanks [​IMG]