Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dr. sean, Jan 24, 2001.

1. dr. sean

dr. sean New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am a Medical Technologist with 2 years experience and tons of work in Pathology doing post-mortem and gross dictation of surgicals. My life long ambition is to be a Pathologist. I have 3.1 cum and took the MCATS in Aug 2000 as an after thought I didn't study whatsoever( I know I know). I got a 7V 6P 8B M. Do I have a snowballs chance in the US or will I have to go to SGU or some other foreign school? Or should I take the MCATS in April and study this time. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. You should try to get into a U.S. school -- foreign schools may create greater psychological and financial burdens than U.S. schools. You need competitive MCAT scores to make up for your GPA; all the experience or volunteer work in the world doesn't mean a thing if you have low scores. You are best advised to retake the MCAT and study/practice this time.

4. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member

This doesn't have anything to do with your question, but I have a question for you. I'm also very interested in becoming a pathologist. I'm currently majoring in medical technology. Do you think I should go right to medical school after getting my med tech license, or did you enjoy working for a couple of years as a med tech?

Thanks [​IMG]