DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

Started by linaxo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

linaxo

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently going in to my sr. year.
I've had hard time in school due to family issues.
Currently I have a GPA of 2.7356 (cumulative)..
I re-took Pre-calc and chemistry I & II (total of takes 3).
I took Chem I at a community college getting a C, taking it at my university with a C- & again with a B.
I failed my Chem II & Calc at community college (only went there for pre reqs). The rest of my grades are good nothing lower than a C-. Just those 3 classes. Will my PCAT that I'm taking in November help me? I am getting an LOR from my PIC, Director of Operations at a major hospital here, and also my Dean of Biology. I volunteer at the ER and work as a pharm tech for over a year. Also I am in Tri Beta (Biology Society).
Where should I apply? Or should I even bother? Help would be much appreciated!
 
First off always apply. You never know what can happen. Don't apply to just one school have a handful you would like to attend. Pcat can help a lot so try to do well on it. Your EC and LOR are solid. Also create a well written personal statement. Good Luck!
 
First off always apply. You never know what can happen. Don't apply to just one school have a handful you would like to attend. Pcat can help a lot so try to do well on it. Your EC and LOR are solid. Also create a well written personal statement. Good Luck!
Okay thank you!