Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclingkayaker88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-traditional student.
Major: Outdoor Recreation and Resource Management
Received at Indiana University
Cumulative GPA: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
GPA Scores: (V) 148 (Q) 151 (W) 4.0 *Less than I would like, but this is my third time taking the exam in the last 5 years, and this is my highest score.

Volunteer Hours: 120 outpatient hours, 30 in-patient hours
Work Experience: Camp Counselor, Raft Guide, Currently work as a Clerk in an ER
Extracurricular: Mentor for freshman, member of LGBT club

I also spent quite some time reviewing my essays...and refining them :). I feel they are strong.

Schools I applied to: Ohio University, Ohio State University, Indiana University, Rosalind Franklin University, University of Vermont, University of Miami, Emory University, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are very similar to mine. I have about the same cumulative GPA and pre-req GPA (depending on the school, it differs). Also, I received a 148 (V), 152 (Q), and a 4.0 (W) on the GRE. Surprisingly, we actually also applied to many of the same schools. I applied to Ohio Univ, Ohio State Univ, and Univ of Miami. I have been considering also applying to Univ of Vermont. I think your chances are solid. I am confident in myself and considering our statistics are almost identical, I think you will also be good!

Thank you! I appreciate the positive feedback. That is crazy how almost exact our GRE scores are!! :) I know that I am about one point below University of Vermont's GRE requirement for the Verbal, but I thought I would just give it a shot. It is so easy to doubt one's self...and all I hear about, is how competitive the journey can be to get into PT school. Good luck to you sir!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA's are very strong. However, your GRE will be significantly below most applicants. That being said, most schools only use GRE as a cut off. If your GRE is above the school's minimum you should have a good shot!

Thank you RhinoDPT. Also, is it normal protocol for the school to send like a message after you e-submit to something of this according..." Dear (Your Name): Thank you for applying to this school. We have received your application from PTCAS. Your materials are being reviewed to make sure they match the program requirements (etc.). After your application has been reviewed, which make take several weeks, you will receive another email.

Sincerely,
Admissions Advisor."

Is that a normal protocol? Lol

Thank you RhinoDPT. Also, is it normal protocol for the school to send like a message after you e-submit to something of this according..." Dear (Your Name): Thank you for applying to this school. We have received your application from PTCAS. Your materials are being reviewed to make sure they match the program requirements (etc.). After your application has been reviewed, which make take several weeks, you will receive another email.

Sincerely,
Admissions Advisor."

Is that a normal protocol? Lol
That is normal prototcal. I received one of those from every school I applied to. However, I got interviews at three schools within a day of the automated email you are talking about. So the good news is that you could get an interview any day now. Get pumped up!