Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogsRgreat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-Cumulative GPA: 3.6
-Approx. science GPA: 3.0
-PCAT: 30th percentile but retaking in January (embarrassed of this)
-Good mix of healthcare-related and non-healthcare-related volunteer experience
-Officer position in university organization
-B.S. in Education (grad. December 2017)
-References from director of College of Education, pharmacist, chemistry professor, and doctor
-Applying to TN schools: Belmont, Lipscomb, ETSU*, UTHSC*, South

* top choice schools

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Aside from the PCAT score, it sounds like a competitive application. I'd hazard a guess that those schools you listed will likely wait and see how you do on your next PCAT. Study hard and reap the rewards this January.
Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wan to really standout with that low PCAT score I would focus my attention on the core sciences "Chem, Bio and A/P ". These will more likely boost your score. Also try getting your hands on Dr. Collins study guide. It has awesome practice questions and you can time yourself as you go. Best of luck!

If you wan to really standout with that low PCAT score I would focus my attention on the core sciences "Chem, Bio and A/P ". These will more likely boost your score. Also try getting your hands on Dr. Collins study guide. It has awesome practice questions and you can time yourself as you go. Best of luck!
Yes! Just purchased Dr. Collins. Used Kaplan the first time but figured the Collins practice tests would be more helpful for the second go around. Thanks!

Aside from the PCAT score, it sounds like a competitive application. I'd hazard a guess that those schools you listed will likely wait and see how you do on your next PCAT. Study hard and reap the rewards this January.
Best of luck!
Thank you!

-References from director of College of Education, pharmacist, chemistry professor, and doctor

* top choice schools

Did you mention this score on your PharmCAS application? Or are you waiting until January to submit?

Your PCAT score is too high. You need to retake it and try to score lower so you’re not over qualified

I did... I'm doomed.

I don't think it matters. I was going to mention mine (made a 40th the first time around) but there was no option that shows them I planned on retaking it, so I decided not to mention it and just mention that I'm taking it in January.

* top choice schools

You can definitely get into a pharmacy school.

I got interviews with 4/5 of the schools I applied to so I'm more hopeful now. :)
I would say you will get accepted to all four. The hard part will be choosing which one you want to go to :)