Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePharmStudent

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.7 GPA and the following PCAT Percentiles:
Verbal Ability 60
Biology 57
Reading Comp. 64
Quantitative Ability 91
Chemistry 83
Composite 78
I'm planning on applying to Univ. of MD -- they say minimum composite should be 80, but since my my GPA is not so bad, maybe I'll have a chance.
What do you think? 👍 or 👎
 
Since you said "should" be 80 percent, I would say yes, you are in if you apply now before the influx of applications hits the fan. However, if they say you "must" have at least an 80 percent, then you should take it again. Call them and find out their policy if still unclear.

Yeah, with your GPA, you will have no problems. Just be sure to apply now.
 
PrePharmStudent said:
I have a 3.7 GPA and the following PCAT Percentiles:
Verbal Ability 60
Biology 57
Reading Comp. 64
Quantitative Ability 91
Chemistry 83
Composite 78
I'm planning on applying to Univ. of MD -- they say minimum composite should be 80, but since my my GPA is not so bad, maybe I'll have a chance.
What do you think? 👍 or 👎

Your stats are good to other schools. Why don't you widen your choices?
Think of plan B, plan C, ..... with "what ifs" in mind.