Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have graduated from business school (double major finance and accounting/150 credit hours of school with a 3.7 GPA) last june. I really became interested in dentistry about couple of years ago but didn't wanna change or switch majors but now i am enrolled in school as a biology major to finish my prereqs. I am taking Chem II, Phy II and biology this semester and I will take Organic Chem I, II and another Bio and Biochem in spring and summer and I'm ganna study for DAT on my own and take in mid summer and apply for dental school in like Aug. I'm starting to do lots of shadowing and other stuff as well. I really really want to do this regardless of the workload.
My question is that "if i even have chance" of getting into a school for fall 2008 or not? cause if i don't I would like to take my time and try to do more and do better for 2009.
I would really appreciate any respond/advice/opinion I could get from you.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My question is that "if i even have chance" of getting into a school for fall 2008 or not? cause if i don't I would like to take my time and try to do more and do better for 2009.
I would really appreciate any respond/advice/opinion I could get from you.
Thanks.

You'll probably get better information on the pre-dent board than here as many will be like you and you can see who got in with what.

Nevertheless, I'll try and help. No one here can tell you until we see your prereq grades and DAT score. Try and get a 20 or above on the DAT and make some at least 1/2 A's in your prereqs. I'd say you'd need for an in state school, at least 19 and 3.2. For out of state it could be 20 and up and a 3.5.

So should you apply? If you plan to achieve these stats or close to these stats I would encourage you to apply. Sometimes it takes 2 gos to get in because you overlooked something or maybe this year they are looking for people like you but next year they won't be. The point is if you're going to be competitive definitely apply.

Yes apply. If you are able to do all that and average at least an 18 with nothing <16 I would apply. Try to get 20+ but a 3.7 is good. Make sure You have all the prerecs. you need. I can't remember if organic lab is required or not. Good luck.