Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brandonbraud

Streaking thru the quad!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
GPA: 3.4
Science GPA 3.35
DAT:
PAT 19
RC 22
QR 17 (holy **** that was hard)
G Chem 16
Orgo 18
Bio 18
Ac Average :18

Allright just wanting some feedback---I don't know anything about dental schools and applied to 17. I am texas resident want to go in texas but realistically i am thinking those DAT scores are not going to cut it. Basically I don't give a damn where I go, I just want to go. Where should I apply? (what are the easiest schools to get into)....??
PLEASE HELP!!! i know nothing about the schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, 13.5% total chance.
21.5% chance at your state school.

bodyblddoc or watever the name is doesnt want no1 to take the test over so the application cycle is less competitive.......im from queens i see the shadyness right thru ppl haha

Members don't see this ad :)
bodyblddoc or watever the name is doesnt want no1 to take the test over so the application cycle is less competitive.......im from queens i see the shadyness right thru ppl haha

whatever you say lady from queens or wherever you say you're from. In my opinion the OP has a descent AA that could get him acceptances at a few schools. My friend had similar stats and got into a couple of schools last cycle so its not impossible. I dont know why you would suggest that I was trying to do whatever it is you mentioned. People on SDN make up such a small percentage of the applicant population that it would make no sense to do that anyway. Paranoid much?
Check my previous posts and you will find that there are people who I have told to consider a retake.

You have a competitive GPA. Your DAT scores are just average and not quite competitive. I have a hunch they'll look at your scores and just throw you in a big pile of "maybe's" that will eventually get tossed out.

I would retake...otherwise you're just gambling. Shoot for at least 19's across the board, but ideally you should get 20's.

Personally I don't think your science scores are going to cut it. This is a very important part of your application. It demonstrates your ability to do well on standardized tests...an indication of how you might perform on your board exams in dental school.

i would retake, its getting very hard to get in now. Wiht those scores u wil probably get a couple of interviews but nothing behond that. Be safe take it over, continue studying and retake ASAP