Do I Have a Competitive Application?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by space whale, 01.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. space whale

space whale 2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums here so please bear with me if this question has been done to death already.

A bit of background info: I'm a current undergrad at UC Davis and have completed most of the prerequisite courses at this point with no grades below a B (A's in O.Chem, physics, Gen. Chem, Bio, and all my animal science courses). I've interned for three years at two separate small animal vet clinics and I have extensive animal experience (non-veterinary) with large animals. I have at least 500 hours of experience (including both vet- approx 300 hrs- and regular animal experience).

I've taken the GRE twice already; my highest scores (not from the same test day) are 87% vbl, 61% quantit, and 93% analytical.

My cumulative gpa is 3.76 and my sci gpa is likely slightly lower (approx 3.6).

I'm getting ready to apply to Western, Washington, Oregon State, Colorado, and Davis c/o 2019. I've heard that competitive gre scores are in the range of 70%, I'm worried that my slightly low quant is going to bring me down.

My question is, do my current gpa and gre scores make me a competitive applicant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. LetItSnow

LetItSnow Skipping the light fandango 5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Verified
    Veterinarian
    I think this is a wonderful question for the very first thread in this forum that has been stickied there for a very long time. It's called, appropriately, "What are my chances?"

;)

4. space whale

space whale 2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Well don't I feel silly now, haha! Thanks for the link!

5. LetItSnow

LetItSnow Skipping the light fandango 5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Verified
    Veterinarian
    If that's the silliest thing you ever do, you'll rock vet school. :)

G'luck.

About the ads