Do I have a shot at merit aid from Vandy or Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audie2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I know of northwestern they don't give very much aid at all, i think maybe just a couple thousand dollars per year and from what I've heard most of their students get it.

Well, Northwestern claims, "A majority of enrolled students have received scholarships ranging from 10% to 25% of tuition." They also give one 100% scholarship per year. I just don't know where I may fall within the bunch.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can you should try to visit Northwestern before decisions are made. You seem like a great candidate but I think they probably get a lot of great candidates. I visited Northwestern and I definitely think it would have helped my being accepted and receiving funding because they can put a face to a name, especially if you interview well. When I spoke with them it sounded like they had very little funding to give out, I don't recall them saying anything about 100% funding but she may have. The campus is amazing (as is Evanston) and the resources they have available for students seem to be great. Everyone I met with was really friendly and helpful and they showed a lot of interest in having me at their school. Unfortunately, I decided against applying due to the lack of funding and the high living expenses of living in Evanston/Chicago, but I wish you luck!

Good advice--maybe I will try to head up there. Or at least make some more phone calls or something. Thanks, Vesti!