Do I have a shot at pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePharmieUSC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have sent in my application to SCCP and PC (SC Schools) as well as PharmCAS with everything set. Here's a brief resume;
-3.72 GPA (4.0 science GPA)....also reason this is kind of low is because of my dual credit classes I took during high school and I got a C in eng101 and a couple B's. My university GPA is 3.95 compared to my dual credit transfers (3.3)
-61% PCAT, 89% in bio 73% in Chem 35% in Math.......also planning to retake this on sept.16
-Currently employed at CVS for 3 months as pharm tech
-about 80 hours of pharmacy exposure from hospitals, walgreens, sccp faculty members, Pharm-401 (Introduction to Pharmacy) class I took at USC, and through pre pharmacy clubs where there is weekly pharmacist speakers
-volunteered at a childrens' diabetes camp for 4 days as camp counselor
-Letters of recommendation from my boss at CVS, chem professor, and 2 nurses

Any input/critique is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You've got nothing to worry about, you'll get in

I have sent in my application to SCCP and PC (SC Schools) as well as PharmCAS with everything set. Here's a brief resume;
-3.72 GPA (4.0 science GPA)....also reason this is kind of low is because of my dual credit classes I took during high school and I got a C in eng101 and a couple B's. My university GPA is 3.95 compared to my dual credit transfers (3.3)
-61% PCAT, 89% in bio 73% in Chem 35% in Math.......also planning to retake this on sept.16
-about 80 hours of pharmacy exposure from hospitals, walgreens, sccp faculty members, Pharm-401 (Introduction to Pharmacy) class I took at USC, and through pre pharmacy clubs where there is weekly pharmacist speakers

Yes you don't need to worry, you will get into many schools. I know lots of people with much lower stats than you who are easily getting into pharmacy school. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

Really homie?

Reactions: 1 users
3.72 and a 4.0 science GPA isn't low by any means... I'm sure you're probably aware of that though.

You have a shot, the only thing that may hurt you is a 35% in math on the PCAT as some schools have minimum competency requirements on each PCAT section.

I am just worried about my lack of volunteering and leadership skills. But thanks for the input! Gives me more confidence as the application process goes along

I am just worried about my lack of volunteering and leadership skills. But thanks for the input! Gives me more confidence as the application process goes along

How strong is your pulse?

you should be fine. i got in with slightly lower GPA, a 50-something pcat, and no Rx experience.